Junior DevOps Engineer - #2812174
Canonical - Jobs
This role is open to recent graduate software professionals as well as candidates with some professional product software engineering and site reliability experience who want to join a global community of like-minded engineers.
Help us shape the future of open source IT, devops, and IS, from bare metal to containers. Our goal is to revolutionise open source application and infrastructure operations.
We are on a mission to reshape the world of software operations, using Python for next-generation infrastructure-as-code and blazing a trail to model-driven operations. We want to enable companies to run very efficient bare metal operations for high performance computing, private cloud, data lakes and analytics. To achieve this we need to invent some new technology, and we need to build some new products. In support of that goal we hire software engineers who are passionate about quality, reliability and devops, to join our regional devops teams.
This team is part of our fully managed infrastructure operations organisation. We run many private clouds and Kubernetes clusters for customers around the world, which enables us to improve our infra-as-code products based on our own real experience, mirroring that of our users and customers. We work in Python, creating open source operations capabilities that simplify these operations for anybody, worldwide, who is building on Ubuntu.
This team is a true devops team - one of our global monitoring and network operations centres. Most of the work is pure Python software development where we expect a focus on quality, design, documentation, tests and performance. The team is responsible for remote monitoring, using open source products. The team also enhances packages of opscode, and Ubuntu itself, to ensure our platform is the easiest, most robust, and best performing way to drive your data centre.
This role is ideal for junior software engineers who want to work in Python, have a passion for distributed systems, and an interest in the entire Linux stack - from kernel to networking to virtualization and containers. It is a role that requires rigour in both code and customer interactions. Our DevOps Engineers are technically astute open source enthusiasts who are excited about cloud computing and are ready to join a global team charged with delivering world class services to our customers.
What you'll do
- Work in Python to design and deliver open source software operations code
- Work across the entire Linux stack, from kernel, networking, storage, to applications
- Learn to think rigorously about application and infrastructure reliability
- Shape high quality open source monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Simplify open source operations for our customers and open source community
- Demonstrate sound engineering design and testing principles in your code
- Follow agile software development practices
- Coach and develop your colleagues where you have insights
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Global travel up to 10% of time for internal and external events
Who you are
- University degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field
- Advanced level Python programming skills
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You are organized and want your team to deliver timely, high quality software
- You have a demonstrated drive for continual learning
- You understand the importance of reliable operations in a devops world
- You have sound knowledge of cloud computing concepts & technologies
- You have practical knowledge of Linux and networking
What you will learn
- Devops and site reliability engineering
- OpenStack and Kubernetes in operation
- Wide range of open source applications and skills
- Work directly with customers in a range of different businesses
- Real-life and hands-on exposure to a wide range of emerging technologies and tools
- Learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu - the world's #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background leads to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Este empleo está desactualizado. Utilice la búsqueda para encontrar los empleos actuales o publique su currículum.