Regional Financial Analyst - Latin America - #2496539
Wildlife Works is the world's leading REDD+ Project development and management company with an innovative, market-based approach to climate change mitigation and biodiversity conservation. Over its 20+ year history, Wildlife Works established a successful model that uses the emerging carbon offset marketplace to protect threatened forests and wildlife, while funding indigenous and forest-dwelling communities. REDD+ allows us to partner with communities from tropical forest countries to monetize their forest and biodiversity assets, whether they are communities, land ownership groups or governments. Wildlife Works manages a portfolio of current and prospective REDD+ projects throughout the tropics and is growing to meet market demand and interest in our innovative approach.
With offices and employees in 7 countries and growing, Wildlife Works Carbon (WWC) is looking to fill this newly created role that will report to the Wildlife Works Carbon LLC Finance Director. The position will also work closely with a LATAM Regional Director. The Financial Coordinator will be responsible for all regional reporting and financial analysis for the Region. Preference will be given to candidates located in countries where WWC has REDD+ Projects.
Experience in multicurrency financial statement modeling, budgets and cash forecasts in excel or other financial planning tools, ability to work autonomously but also to be part of multiple teams, demonstrated ability to perform high level financial analysis and report summary results to leadership and external stakeholders will make a candidate successful in this role. Key will be the candidate’s ability to develop relationships with WWC regional accounting teams, understand their challenges and suggest and implement efficient processes to facilitate the transfer of financial information in a format and timely manner for the preparation of project profitability reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Acts as a financial analyst for the projects, countries and region, and act as a liaison from the parent company in the US to the subsidiaries in the regions.
- Prepares annual project and regional budgets, reports budget to actuals, and prepares quarterly profitability forecasts for projects and subsidiaries within the region
- Forecasts cash requirements for the region’s subsidiaries, in multiple currencies
- Prepares regional and country financial reports for WWC Management teams (Country, Regional and Global) and major customers; interfacing with Accounting to do so
- Performs or support region’s financial reporting and analysis requirements for new projects and investments, special initiatives or projects within a country, regional or project specific, inventory or A/R financing, and any local or government reporting required
- Works collaboratively with US and international accounting staff to support the following:
- Subsidiary year-end financial audit process
- Parent company annual audit and preparation of consolidated financials if required by the Global Accounting Manager
- Communicates with, supports and provides data to various WWC corporate departments as well as international offices.
- Includes work with WWC Carbon Development group (located in Vermont and regionally), WWC Logistics (Australia), the Regional Director in Africa, Asia or Latin America, and Country Directors
- May require a flexible work schedule to accommodate communication or conversations across the different time zones
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Finance and Regional Director as the projects mature and the company grows
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Advanced degree preferred. In lieu of degree, candidates with 6 years relevant work experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in corporate finance or equivalent experience
- The ability to perform monthly financial planning, variance analysis and reporting, and provide financial investment analysis for existing and new contracts and projects, including an understanding of the impact of operating and financial decisions on all 3 financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to perform high level financial analysis and report summary results to leadership and external stakeholders
- Experience in activities including:
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports and dashboards
- Leading or building annual budgets for multiple entities
- Proven entrepreneurial or international experience modeling new ventures or projects
- Intermediate to advanced computers skills, especially MS Excel which should include setting up and developing financial models; experience using and pulling data from financial software a plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy, within an environment that values transparency and accountability
- Experience working in a culturally diverse, international growth environment
- Ability to work autonomously but also to be part of multiple teams
- Ability to develop relationships with WWC regional accounting teams, understand their challenges and suggest and implement efficient processes to facilitate the transfer of financial information in a format and timely manner for the preparation of project profitability reports
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required, Portuguese a plus
- Any or all of the following – small business finance experience, experience with QuickBooks Online or Sage – are a plus
- The ability to travel up to three times per year internationally, often to isolated and remote areas.
- Preference will be given to candidates located in countries in which the company operates (Panama, Colombia), or in the eastern time zone in the US, specifically North Carolina or Burlington VT.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)