Small and Medium Business And Channels Manager - #2496538
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
Managing the Business
- Sales coverage- Builds well targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources and driving sales activities to achieve margin; collaborates within HP and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources.
- Account Planning- Assists in planning sales strategy; manages the internal processes in support of sales reps and selling activities; aligns tactical account plans with overall corporate strategy; actively develops and manages geography business plans to meet revenue goals/quotas; develops plans that articulate the strategies/requirements essential for focusing sales activities, forecasts accurately and communicates sales progress; actively manages and signs off on account business plans through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Pipeline management- Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities; manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline; analyzes overall win rates and win/loss ratios.
- Deal management- Reviews deals to ensure soundness and problem-free processing by HP back-end operations; Monitors the number of deals with TAS plan reviewed by managers.
- Business acumen- Exhibits base level of business, financial and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations; continuously monitors and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with HPs business direction, the quality of business practices and optimum organization performance.
- Strategic sales planning & implementation- Orchestrates the development of strategic sales plans that reflect HP's business strategy, to advance market share/penetration, and achieve profitable growth.
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy- Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
Leading & Managing Sales People.
- Coaching & Performance Management- Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers.
- Leadership- Models effective selling skills; motivates and supports sales teams in selling; demonstrates a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- People development- Sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
- Change management- Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a sales team through transitions beyond their control.
Selling as a Sales Manager.
- Focus on strategic direction- Understands the overall HP/TSG strategic direction and portfolio, and can assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs.
- C-level partnering- Contributes to enduring executive relationships at the client's organization; establishes professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives in support of other established relationships with the client.
- Consultative selling- Strategizes and coaches team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for HP; prepares for client calls in partnership with sales teams and supports the efforts of the team during client meetings; ensures sales teams have access to other HP resources and encourages them to nurture relationships with client influencers and decision makers.
- Industry and client knowledge- Stays current with industry and competitive research and information to enable rich client dialogue; maintains an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets; demonstrates the knowledge to position and map HP capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
Education and Experience Required:
- Directly related management experience and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Demonstrated level of project management skills.
- University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 7+ years experience in sales.
Knowledge and Skills:
In addition to core selling skills:
- Strategic Planning- Translates business goals into actionable plans and strategies that reflect the requirements and opportunities within area-of-control Aligns area-of-control account and market opportunities with upstream strategic plans and metrics. Sets sales priorities and establishing these as the focus of individual or sales team activities.
- Execution- Actively manages business plans to meet revenue goals/quotes and advance the business interests of HP. Determines if an opportunity is profitable for the company.
- Forecast/Budget Control- Tracks and manages rolling forecasts and budgets to ensure timely and accurate roll-ups.
- Pipeline Management- Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near- and long-term opportunities Balances quick wins against longer sales-cycle opportunities to ensure both immediate wins and long-term profitability for HP.
- Operations Building/Improvement- Continuously monitors, troubleshoots and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with HP's business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance and a highly motivated sales force.
- Resource Brokering/Allocation- Collaborates across HP within the field to access, facilitate and direct the use of resources needed for effective selling.
- Sales Facilitation- Applies influence and organizational savvy to advances sales opportunities externally, with clients, and internally within HP; Establishes HP's account presence and extends the customer's account penetration to executive levels; Accompanies sales reps on calls to demonstrate and model effective selling skills.
- Strategic Account Leadership- Actively drives key enterprise and strategic account activities - promotes vision and models executive relationship building practices to build enduring partnerships and account share/penetration for HP.
- Attract and hire top talent.
Workforce Management & Development.
- Supervision- Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence Builds individual and group commitment to business goals and personal excellence.
- Coaching- Personally develops employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence. Coaches and develops sales personnel in such activities as solution selling or relationship building. Reviews, brainstorms, validates, and troubleshoots selling strategies for individuals & account teams.
- Skill Development/Enhancement- Sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
- Workforce Planning- Actively monitors, identifies and addresses sales and resource capability gaps within area-of-control Manages "span of control" issues to ensure such goals as adequate account coverage, employee retention, effective succession planning, and optimum implementation of workforce re- alignment models.
- Career Planning and Development- Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain HP sales force excellence within area-of-control.
- Customer Face-Time
- Proactively develops and nurtures solid relationships in key accounts as a basis for expanding HP's business-partnering presence.
- Solidifies an enduring partnership with key accounts through such strategies as active monitoring of customer satisfaction, speedy problem resolution, and advance communication of beneficial HP initiatives or solutions.
- Strategic Business Planning.
- Manages the top- and bottom-line - monitors discounts and margins involved in individual deals to align them with group performance.
- Works with others to create mechanisms that shift the focus from "low- hanging," immediate wins to recognizing and providing incentives for large deals/wins.
- Understands industry drivers and the customer base better to bridge HP solutions with account-relevant problems and opportunities.
- Builds stronger internal relationships with other groups to ensure seamless selling of total HP solutions and to establish clear expectations for resource alignment and support.
- develop effective counter-measures and messages.
- Builds clear strategies for working with key accounts to pursue and close major opportunities, including clear identification of tactics for accelerating progress through the pipeline.
Sales Team/Individual Coaching.
- Provides better coaching and mentoring opportunities - less improvization, more planful, more call-related modeling.
- Reviews and provides counseling on account-team deals.
- Leverages personal sales experience to participate in pursuit planning for key accounts.
- Strengthens the alignment of account-team activities and priorities with management's business mission and goals.
- Assesses account teams for strengths/challenges and ensures that the team capitalizes on individual strengths, while compensating for individual challenges.
- Ensures that sales reps are trained on corporate tools and systems to ensure efficient use of time, better data collation, and elimination of the "management by spreadsheet" cycle.
- Vertical Industry Acumen- Develops and exercises a deep understanding of business dynamics within area of control, as a basis for informed business decision making.
- Solution Selling- Approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that HP products and services accurately address the customer/client's true business need in terms of type, scope, level.
- Change Management- Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.
- Leadership- Able to lead effectively in a complex and political environment, and deliver results; Able to influence without direct authority; Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative; Drives team performance to best in class.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!